We have already seen in this blog the growing success of shared workspaces, what the Anglo-Saxons call coworking. In short, ordinary offices in which different self-employed and small businesses with limited budgets find a place to develop their activity in a collaborative environment.
It is not a company; there are many sharing a workplace, what the Anglo-Saxons call as coworking. The eight founders of this real estate proposal decided to convert an old garage into an affordable rental place for entrepreneurs. And they have been successful because the facilities have the maximum occupancy.
We are not witnessing a coworking boom, but a change of mentality when it comes to an understanding the ways of working. More and more people begin to self-employ themselves. It is at this point where the significant growth of IT office space in Noida is born. Every time there are more self-employed, entrepreneurs, freelance, etc. who realize that in spaces of this type they find advantages that they would not have working from home or a cafeteria.
The first advantage is saving, which is essential compared to renting a general office, by sharing not only the premises (both for work and leisure and rest) but also some telecommunications services. Also, synergies can be generated between companies and entrepreneurs who develop their projects in the same sector and even increase professional contacts from these collaborations.
But any space does not work, because it is not about dividing the same office into autonomous zones and subletting them. The owners point out five characteristics that should set an authentic coworking place:
- It must generate parallel activities and encourage creativity and collaboration. Working together is not sharing a table, it is about sharing ideas and tasks concurrently.
- Social networks are the natural continuation of the Network of this work and social experiment. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. The Internet is an essential part of these places.
- Frequent and open spaces, where socialization is necessary, also with visitors and not only for professional matters.
- Mandatory leisure area- A kitchen or a coffee machine are points of the meeting, talk, and communication.
- Originality and personality- Different proposals that give added value to each coworking space.
The IT office space in Gurgaon is growing strongly to the point of seeking its place also in small towns and rural areas. In effect, entrepreneurs not only reside in large cities, even more so in these times where returning to the countryside means considerably reducing expenses.
The offer of coworking is diverse, economical, attractive and increasingly extensive. The beginning of a new way of conceiving the work of entrepreneurs and freelancers, and that at the same time can help to boost the rental markets. In short, common offices in which different self-employed and small businesses with limited budgets find a place to develop their activity in a collaborative environment.